Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Your Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnh-18 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I just got an email from wordpress saying 'Your Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue' and that the problem is caused by Toolset Types. However, having done some troubleshooting, it seems that the problem is related to Toolset Views. The page where the error was caught is hidden link but as far as I can see, there is no problem with that view.
The site is working as it should and I can access everything in the manager apart from 'Appearance > customize' and "appearance > widgets'. I am not concerned about not being able to accessing widgets but customize is quite critical.

Please find below info from the automated email from wp which may be of interest
Please let me know if there is anything else you may need.
Best regards / jan

WordPress version 5.8.2
Current theme: Astra Child (version 1.0.0)
Current plugin: Toolset Types (version 3.4.14)
PHP version 7.3.33-1+0~20211119.91+debian9~1.gbp618351

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 376 of the file /home/685739.cloudwaysapps.com/ysrddfxcxb/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/widgets/view/view.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Elementor\Utils::is_ajax() in /home/685739.cloudwaysapps.com/ysrddfxcxb/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/interop/handler/elementor/widgets/view/view.php:376
Stack trace:
#0 /home/685739.cloudwaysapps.com/ysrddfxcxb/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(303): OTGS\Toolset\Common\Interop\Handler\Elementor\ViewWidget->maybe_use_view_elementor_widget_instead('')
#1 /home/685739.cloudwaysapps.com/ysrddfxcxb/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(327): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#2 /home/685739.cloudwaysapps.com/ysrddfxcxb/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(470): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /home/685739.cloudwaysapps.com/ysrddfxcxb/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/wpv-widgets.php(81): do_action('wpv_action_befo...')
#4 /home/685739.cloudwaysapps.com/ysrddfxcxb/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-widget.php(534): WPV_Widget->form(Array)
#5 /home/685739.cloudwaysapps.com/ysrddfxcxb/public_html/wp-

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi John,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Would you mind if i took a copy of the site so that I can perform some further testing on this one ? Also did this occur after a recent update maybe an elementor update or Toolset upset?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
Thank you for getting back to me. And of course you can take a copy.
I did update elementor but that was a few hours before this happened. But for your info, I was making a minor change to the view that caused the error just before it happened - the view is in question is '19520 - shop archive'. What I was doing was to remove a class but I have reinstated it again.
Please let me know if you need any other info or have any questions.
Best regards / john

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

If possible are you able to provide me with a previous version of elementor and elementor pro so that I can check whether this happens on those versions as well ?

I will need to submit this to our 2nd tier team for them to do further checks on this as currently it would appear that the update caused this to break, however I will need to confirm.

Please let me know if you're able to provide the previous versions.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
You can download previous versions of elementor here - hidden link
Elementor Pro is more difficult but the installed version is from end of Nov and has not caused any problems (and I have been on the site more or less every day)
Also, apart from Elementor I updated Yoast but would not think that plugin would be part of this problem.
Three questions
- would it make sense to contact Elementor about this issue and get their input/feedback?
- do you want me to try to get hold of old versions of Yoast?
Best regards / john

Good morning Shane,
While trying to download a single folder with the elementor plugin I realised this morning that I by mistake must have activated a restore so the elementor plugin on the site is now back to the 'old' version.
And there is no longer an error so seems to be a clash between Elementor and Toolset.
Best regards / john

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

We have identified the issue and have created an erratas page describing the problem as well as a temporary workaround .
The issue description can be found at the link below.
https://toolset.com/errata/fatal-error-on-customizer-page-after-updating-to-elementor-3-5/

Please let me know if the information in the link above was able to assist you.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.