Skip Navigation

[Closed] Wysiwyg – when using cred shortcode renders data when it shouldnt

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have a CRED form that I present to users of the site to enter data - the from contains a Wysiwyg field.

If the user was to enter a shortcode that the site uses (for example one that displays the last time the post was edited in data form) ... its renders the data when they save the form on the front end.

A standard user of the site should not be able to execute shortcodes this way as it is a little dangerous in my reckoning.

when they come to edit the same post the shortcodes are missing, and just the data that is rendered is editable.

Example - (this shortcode generates a random string of jumbled letters numbers)
a user enters the shortcode:

hidden link

This is the front end rendering: ( with filters suppresses and without)

hidden link

Now when editing the same post:

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

We have one related known issue that shortcodes on Toolset Edit form automatically expanded when the form is added within the view:
=> https://toolset.com/errata/edit-forms-expand-shortcodes-in-edited-post-content-if-inserted-directly-in-a-view-loop/

Can you please tell me how exactly you placed your form?

The topic ‘[Closed] Wysiwyg – when using cred shortcode renders data when it shouldnt’ is closed to new replies.