Skip Navigation

[Closed] WYSIWYG fields doesn´t save any text

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I am trying to:
Add and save text in cusotm post type "Events" in wysiwyg fields

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
It´s in Dev mode.
I expected to see:
I expect the text to be saved

Instead, I got:
When clickeing on update or save - the text get´s erased. Othe fields like single line work finde.
I have no conditionals in my post fields.

Please help, thanks a lot in advance, Hannes

same issue here

Ahh. Good to know that I am not the only one.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

This issue is now reported to the developers and they are working to find a fix for it. This seems to happen with WP 5.8.1, and post types that use the classic editor.
https://toolset.com/errata/content-of-wysiwyg-field-lost-when-updating-posts/

We'll keep you updated as soon as we find something.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello again, I want to let your know that we have published an update(Types 3.4.14) that includes a fix for this issue. Please make a full backup and test it. Let us know if it fixes the issue for you.
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-types/#changelog

Hi Jamal,
thanks a lot.
Using the update it kind of works....
When adding text to the wysiwyg field and click on update for the first time it doesn´t work. field get´s blank.
You have to add the text again and update another time to get the text saved. sometimes you have to do this even a third time.
Same happens when you try to erase text.

Best, Hannes

By the way: When you try to reply here - at first it seems like my text is not saved. Takes a while / relaod to be shown.

Best Hannes

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. We have a cache issue on the website that causes this error of not seeing the reply.

I think that you are also encountering a cache issue with the WYSIWYG field. Please purge any server cache. And clean the browser cache too, then try again. If you are still encountering this issue, allow me temporary access to your website to check it closely. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Hannes, I have marked your last reply as private because it includes credentials to your website.

Our testers and other users have confirmed that the last Types update(3.4.14) has resolved this issue. If you are still encountering the issue, I would suspect a cache issue. Maybe a cache at the server level(Varnish, Memcached, etc..). For that reason, I'd like to test your website on another infrastructure, either by taking a copy of it and testing it locally or by migrating it to our online infrastructure. Would that be ok? Do I have your approval?

Hello Jamal,
yes of course you can duplicate the site.

Best regards
Hannes

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you, Hannes. I took a copy and worked on it locally. It seems to be an edge case that happens only when the post type is set to use blocks, and the editor option is disabled. Check this screenshot hidden link

I am escalating this issue to our developers, and I'll let you know about it as soon as we have something to share.

In the meantime, as a workaround, please activate the editor option on the post type. I tried it locally, in a minimal setup(2021 theme+only Toolset plugins). Please try it on your website and let me know what you will get.

The topic ‘[Closed] WYSIWYG fields doesn´t save any text’ is closed to new replies.