Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WYSIWYG Editor Buttons not showing

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Third party WYSIWYG buttons does not show when Toolset is active.

Solution:

Update Toolset Types to 3.4.17 or later.

- IMPORTANT STEP! Create a backup of your website.
- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add new > Commercial (tab)".
- Update Toolset and its add-ons there.

Relevant Documentation

https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install-and-register-toolset/

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by emilyT 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

Hi folks

For some time now we've been using the Easy PayPal Buy Now Button (hidden link) plugin in conjunction with Toolset Types.

The plugin adds a "PayPal Button" to the options that the WYSIWYG editor displays (alongside the "Media" and "Fields and Views") buttons. Recently the PayPal Button has stopped displaying - it flashes up briefly when you load the edit page for a CPT but then disappears.

I know that PayPal button plugin isn't your plugin, but as it's the Custom Post Type created by Types that I'm specifically experiencing the issue with (pages and posts are fine) I was wondering if you could offer some advice. Is there something about the Types plugin that is causing the button to be hidden? Is there a setting that I need to activate to allow it to display again? I would appreciate your advice. We've been these two plugins together for a number of years without issue, so there is something recently which has caused it.

Many thanks, Emily

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi Emily,

We will not be able to guarantee compatibility with the plugin in question and if needed you can contact them to see if they can find a solution.

But please consider tat we had some issues with the WYSIWIG editor that caused some Javascript issues. That might be a factor, but no guarantee.

The issue is fixed as a test package and will be released in the next Toolset update. But if you are interested you can provide us with the staging version of your website so we can install the test package there and see if it works for the issue that you are experiencing.

Please set the next reply as private if you want to provide the login and FTP info and please DO NOT give live website as the test package is not ready for production yet.

Thank you.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

Types 3.4.17 is released that has a fix for the issue that you have.

Would you please make sure you download it from the downloads page and update the Types plugin after you make sure you have a complete backup of the website?

https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Thanks so much Christopher. I've updated Types and can confirm that this has solved the problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.