Skip Navigation

[Resolved] wpv-woo-product-image gallery_on_listings behaving odd

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Nov 10, 2016 02-04-11.png

I have added the following view. Everything is working fine, however, the gallery display is showing all images and not the gallery display. Also, the gallery appears to link all images on the page and not the images to the specific gallery - or am I missing how this is intended to work? Thanks!

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
		<wpv-loop>[column type="1/3" class="product-grid"]
          [wpv-woo-product-image size='medium' output='' enable_third_party_filters='no' gallery_on_listings='yes'][x_clear]
          <h3>[wpv-post-title]</h3>
          [wpv-woo-product-price][wpv-woo-buy-or-select add_to_cart_text='ADD' link_to_product_text='ADD' group_add_to_cart_text='ADD' external_add_to_cart_text='ADD' show_quantity_in_button='yes' show_variation_options='yes']
          [/column]
		</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 07.50.31.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 07.49.59.png

I set up a test site to check that the wpv-woo-product-image shortcode is working correctly, which on my test site it is.

See the two screenshots. One is using the standard WooCommerce template, and the other is using the WooCommerce Views template and a (crude) content template I created for single products.

The wpv-woo-product-image replicates what is output by WooCommerce, which as you can see is one large version of the image and the smaller image thumbnails below. But, in any case, it outputs all the images.

Your output may look different because of the additional CSS which displays the products in columns. You can try removing the extra layout markup to display the product in a full row to check that the image shortcode is working normally.

The problem with the links is that this gallery is intended to be used on a single product page and you are using it on an archive page that displays multiple products (and galleries) on the same page. Typically on a product listing page you see just a thumbnail of the featured product image and you see the additional images when you go to the single product page, and that is how this shortcode is intended to be used.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.