Skip Navigation

[Resolved] [wpv-reset-password-form] – how to add a redirect after the change

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to add a redirect on their reset password form.

Solution:

You can add the redirect by using this attribute "redirect_url"

Add it to your shortcode like this [wpv-reset-password-form redirect_url='myurl']

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tony 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Sorry but I find tracking down what I need here is confusing and bits are missing - it's probably me but maybe you can help.

I have set up a membership site and all is working except for the reset-password page does not redirect to the page I want.

After the password change, the confirmation is displayed along with the form. I want it to redirect to hidden link page after the password update.

In the forgot password page I have:
[wpv-forgot-password-form reset_password_url="hidden link"]

which works

In the reset password page I have:
[wpv-reset-password-form]

How do I add a redirect to the password reset form and where do I find these forms so that I can edit it (I seem to have lost it somehow!)? They are not in my CRED list and I cannot see where they are listed for easy access. I must have created these forms somehow but cannot work out how I did them.

Thanks
Tony

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tony,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Is it that you want to customize the reset password form ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Yes

When the user enters the new password (twice) and submits the form, the returned page is the fowm with the "details updated" message.

What I want to happen is, after the form has been submitted and the data updated, I want to display my Login page. It's not a big problem as the linkto the Login page is on the return page - it's more of a cosmetic thing to avoid the user wondering what to do next.

Kind regards
Tony
PS
I am sure there will be others interested in this option.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the clarity.

This is actually possible and you can add the redirect by using this attribute "redirect_url"

Add it to your shortcode like this [wpv-reset-password-form redirect_url='myurl']

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane

Very simple solution - it would be really useful if the documentation at Toolset simply listed all the shortcodeswith their attributes (plus examples) - I am sure there are lots of hidden gems!!

It works perfectly.

Kind regards
Tony

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.