Skip Navigation

[Resolved] [wpv-loop-index] reverse

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
1975735-episodes.png

I have a list of posts in view and I am using [wpv-loop-index] shortcode (to serve as an episode number) see attached.

This works great but I've just realised I actually need it to run the other way. So instead of 1,2,3 it should be 3,2,1 is that possible?

The use case is that these are episodes in a series where the most recent episode will be posted at the top of the view but of course, the most recent episode won't be episode 1 it will be whatever a number of episodes have already been posted!

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Stewart,

Thank you for getting in touch.
Based on our documentation on this shortcode below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-loop-index

It won't be possible to have the count in reverse order. You will need write some form of custom code in order to achieve this.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.