Skip Navigation

[Resolved] [wpv-filter-search-box not working as expected

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
[wpv-filter-search-box not working as expected

Solution:
This issue is fixed with the Toolset Views version 3.5.3.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by igorL-3 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Resulting Filter.jpg
Setup Filter.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do? I have a text seach set up in Views where I want to search ONLY on post titles.
[wpv-filter-search-box placeholder="Enter Name to Search" output="bootstrap"]
I setup the filter to search only over titles (see atached image Setup Filter.jpg) but it seaches over post body as well and when I go back to look at the filter setup click ingon Edit filter button in the Search and Pagination pannel I get a window where the filter is again setup to seach over titles and content (see attached image Resulting Filter.jpg). Is it possible to set up the short code for [wpv-filter-search-box with the parameter to force it to do the Post Titles search only??

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You can set what to search either post title only or post content and title from the text search settings.

I'm not sure why its searching within the post content when you set the text search to only search within the post title.

Can you please share problem URL where you added the text search as well as admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I can see the issue with your install as well as with my test install.

Please allow me to escalate this issue to our next level support. I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Ok thanks. Is this a bug then? Should I roll back to the privious version of blocks?

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - you can rollback to previous version for now.

We reported the issue in front of our Devs. I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

I would like to let you know that the fix for this issue will be shipped with next release of Toolset Views 3.5.3.

Minesh
Supporter

I would like to let you know that the fix for this issue will be shipped with next release of Toolset Views 3.5.3.

Minesh
Supporter

We just released the Views 3.5.3 - Can you please try to update to latest plugin and try to resolve your issue.

You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.