Skip Navigation

[Resolved] wpv-control-post-taxonomy loses hierarchy!

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by a.R 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

a.R

When using that tag in custom search form, all terms will be displayed without any hierarchy! That´s REALLY bad!

Is there a way to fix it??

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share problem URL where you added the taxonomy search filter as well as admin access details and let me check whats going wrong with that and if I can able to share any solution.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've added the attribute output="legacy" to your taxonomy filter shortcode:

[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="wunsch-hilfe-perspektiven" output="legacy" type="checkboxes" url_param="wpv-wunsch-hilfe-perspektiven"]

It does display the output in hierarchy but due to custom CSS code you added it seems not good. You will have to adjust the CSS code based on the rendered hierarchy to make it look nice.

a.R

That´s a joke, right?
How much sense does it make to lose hierarchy when displaying terms???

I would never have expected this!

So I have to change my complete layout....

arrgh...

... thank you ...

Minesh
Supporter

No, I've added the class "checkbox" to the following div within the "Search and pagination" section:

<div class="ar-popup checkbox">

Now, when you hover over the term it does display the formatted terms, you just require to add some custom CSS to look it better. Its totally customizations and you will have to format it and add related CSS code as per your requirement and as required.

a.R

Thank you 🙂

It's more complicated than you think.
And what sense could it make to EVER lose that hierarchy??
At least there MUST be an option to keep it without changing the whole design after having relied on the new way you have introduced!
In my eyes this is just a bug.
WHEN WILL IT BE MENDED?

Minesh
Supporter

Toolset does not adopt any customization changes automatically, you will have to adjust the CSS code as per the customizations and required output and that is why Toolset View (classic mode, that you are already using) is a better choice as it offers fully customizations and control over what you want to do and you can customize things accordingly and you already doing this.

If you use Toolset Blocks view (block mode) then you even do not have choice to do such customizations or it will offer you limited customization.

The hierarchy structure for taxonomy filter is displayed with ul and li tags if you see the source code and you will have to adjust the CSS accordingly. I already tried to help you out by adding custom code. This is how its displayed currently:
=> hidden link

You will require to adjust the output as per your requirement.

a.R

Thing is we REALLY don´t have much time to do that now................

I hope this comes to blocks very soon! ...

Should one place a feature request?

Minesh
Supporter

You can always file a new feature using the following link:
=> https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

a.R

Thank you Minesh 🙂

Why do otgs create things so inconsistent?

An ADDITIONAL layer of COMPLEXITY..... 🙁 🙁 🙁

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.