Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WPML groups not working for users that are added manually (v2.7.5)

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

OK, well I have passed on a copy of the plugin again to my colleague so that he can debug what has changed on our side that is causing the issue.

I'll let you know what he finds, and will confirm the plugin deletion once complete.

Nigel
Supporter

The developer has proposed a fix and supplied a patch.

I don't have FTP access.

Could you please copy the file from this link to wp-content/plugins/types-access/application/controllers/permissions_post_types.php

hidden link

Then test again with one of the test users to see if the WPML groups are working.

Let me know how that goes.

Hi Nigel

Thank you for following up on this.

As requested I've placed the file on the requested location and have tested again. I can say that we are almost there, currently everything seems to work for custom post types but not yet for the default post type.

I have enabled all other plugins again as I need those in order to create a test content item to test the integration. This wansn't possible due to inactive plugins causing errors to be thrown.

I've made sure to test with the plugins disabled as well and I'm seeing the same behavior for the default content item in that scenario.

The good news is that progress has been made and it seems to me that the developer(s) found the issue 🙌

Let me know if I need to do anything else or replace the file with a new one.

Best regards
Joren

Nigel
Supporter

OK, thanks for the feedback, I've shared that with the developers, let's see what they come up with...

Nigel
Supporter

The developer asked me to do some more testing on your site, and I disabled the WPML plugins but that results in a fatal error arising from calls to WPML functions in your custom plugins which don't first check if the function exists.

As I don't have FTP access I'm stuck, as I cannot disable your custom plugins to be able to re-enable WPML, if you could please do that?

Once I'm in I'll be sure to disable your custom plugins before making any changes to which plugins are active.

Hi Nigel

Sorry for the delay we had a long weekend in Belgium.
I've activate all plugins again and the interface is working again.

Best regards
Joren

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks for that.

As it works for the custom post types but not standard posts, this time I disabled all of the custom plugins so I could concentrate on the core functionality.

Logging in as the Finnish test user I couldn't see standard posts in the admin (that would be "Sivut", right?).

I went to check the WPML Group within the Access settings for Finnish posts and saw that there isn't one.

I'm not sure if it was deleted earlier in testing, it has been a while now, but in any case I created a new WPML Group for Finnish Posts and added the localfifi test user to that group so that they had all permissions.

And it works.

I re-activated all of the custom plugins and it still works.

Could you verify with some of the other languages which do have a WPML Group for Posts that they work?

Hi Nigel

Sorry for the delay, I was booked for some other projects and didn't found the time to do proper testing before today.

It was correct that the WPML Access group for Finnish posts wasn't available, I compared it to our staging & production env and it was available there. So this is probably being deleted during the testing process.

However when I test it right now it's not working yet. I saw that you are looking for "Sivut" in Finnish, but that is the "page" post type, not the "post" post type.

I've test this with a few other users (other languages) and I'm seeing the same behavior for all these accounts.

Best regards
Joren

Nigel
Supporter

OK, I made progress with some testing on your site.

I managed to isolate the problem, which occurs when Yoast Premium is active. Disabling Yoast Premium should restore the visibility of the UI for editing standard Posts according to the Access settings for WPML Groups.

I can reproduce the problem on my own test site, and so I am now escalating that (with a copy of my test site) so the developers can try and identify the cause of the conflict.

I'll let you know their feedback.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Nigel

Hope you are doing well. Do you perhaps have any update on this ticket for us please?

Thx
Joren

Nigel
Supporter

I don't, I'm afraid.

I've just dropped a comment in the internal ticket for the Access developer saying that you are asking about progress, I'll let you know what he says.

Nigel
Supporter

The conflict with Yoast SEO Pro will be fixed in the next Access release, but in the meantime you can apply a patch.

Download the following file and unzip: hidden link

Replace the file wpml_settings.php in plugins/types-access/application/models/ with the downloaded file.

Can you let me know how that goes and I'll share it with the developer.

Hi Nigel

Thank you for getting back to me on this.

I've replaced the file with your patch file, but the issue persists. I've done this on the environment you have access to so you can see it for your self.

Best regards
Joren

ps. after tomorrow I will be OOF until Januari 2th, so please expect a delay in my responses. Can you make sure this ticket stays open?

Nigel
Supporter

OK, sorry about that.

I've shared that with the developers, I'll see what they say to do next.

Nigel
Supporter

The developer realises they omitted a required file from the patch, and provides this with apologies:

hidden link

The zipped file contains

/plugins/types-access/application/controllers/permissions_post_types.php, and
/plugins/types-access/application/models/wpml_settings.php

Could you please replace both in your current Access installation, and re-test?

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.