Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WPML Group Access permissions have stopped working suddenly

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Recent update of WPML plugins and WordPress breaks the Access functionality.

Solution:
Reset or Remove all Access settings then add all the settings again. Also enable the "Publish" option in the Access.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by leonardF 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
Pages_‹_噶當巴法會_—_WordPress.png
Access_Control_‹_Kadampa_Festivals_—_WordPress.png

I have setup translators in all languages via Toolset Access plugin's WPML Group tab.
I've given each translators account the ability to edit any pages in their assigned language.

This has been working perfectly for years until the most recent update of WPML plugins and WordPress.

As you can see from the screenshot the translators now do not have the ability to edit these pages anymore. Only to view them.

Please help!

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Leonard,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. I have checked your Debug info, I can see that you are using old version of WPML plugins, please update all WPML plugins to latest versions and see if it resolves the issue?

Also please clear all sort of caches in your site plugin cache / CDN cache (CloudFlare) / browser cache.

Thank you

Hi Norman, yesterday I updated all the WPML plugins to their latest version 3.8.0 (and most recent additional plugins) on a copy of my site in my local testing area and the still same issue persisted. All Caches where clear or disabled.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Ok, please let me know about following:

1. The users that are allowed to edit these posts have Translator user role?
Can you try to select the checkboxes in the given screenshot for Translator (the 3rd row), so that each user that has Translator role can edit these posts. And see what happens when we enable it like this.

2. Would it possible for you to provide temporary access to this site so we can take further look? If so, I will request for WP login in a private message.

Thank you

Hi Noman, I've fixed the issue. I had to remove all Access settings from the database then add all the settings again but this time also enabling the setting to "Publish".

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.