Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WP Views plugin causes a parse error when trying to log in to dashboard of site

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: access the backend of the website.

I visited this URL: pamannmarketing.com/wp-admin

I expected to see: the WordPress dashboard.

Instead, I got: a parse error "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/stabby5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/inc/ct-editor/section-content.php on line 97". If I deactivate the WP Views plugin by renaming the folder, the site backend loads.

I don't want to replace the folder with a fresh download of the Views plugin in case it overrides all the views that we have already created and have running on the site.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1)
I can see you are using number of third party plugins.

Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2)
I don't want to replace the folder with a fresh download of the Views plugin in case it overrides all the views that we have already created and have running on the site.
=> No - if you deactivate and delete the views plugin and replace with fresh copy - install latest version, it will not delete your existing views.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please try to install fresh copy of plugin and try to check if that helps to resolve your issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.