Skip Navigation

[Closed] WordPress Views Breaks Layout – Duplicate Header/Footer

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Here is my original thread:https://toolset.com/forums/topic/woocommerce-views-breaks-layout

I am still having this problem ... When I try to create a custom (child) layout it BREAKS on the product view. (it appears this ONLY happens on products, my cart page, and my checkout page function/display as expected)

I duplicated the problem twice.
Here: hidden link
And Here: hidden link

1. Are you using the DIVI integration for Layouts?
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-divi-integration/

2. If not, here you can see how to implement it:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-use-toolset-theme-integrations/

3. You are also using WooCommerce Views, I assume?
Did you select the option to use WooCommerce Views template in Toolset > WooCommerce Views?

4. Is the Issue appearing with the main DIVI theme and no customizations?

I see Luo was not able to reproduce it even with your exported Layout.

I might need an exact step by step workflow to reproduce the problem to see if it is a BUG.

Yes- I am using the Divi Integration
Yes- I am using WooCommerce Views, and yes, I have selected the option to use the WooCommerce views
Yes- it appears with the main Divi theme, I do not have any child themes, nor do I have customizations to the functions.

Workflow ---
All non-essential plugins are disabled: hidden link
My layouts (top page) - hidden link
Child Layout for Products - hidden link
WooCommerce Views - hidden link

Front-end display of a product:

Site 1(this is the site I need to push live - it is sitting in a staging environment using WPStagecoach): hidden link

Copy of Site1 (on my personal hosting account, to eliminate a conflict with WP Stagecoach) : hidden link

Site 2 (followed EXACT same workflow above, on a staging version of a different site using WC): hidden link

Site 3 (fresh install of Divi/WC/WP/Toolset) : hidden link

I gave a user/pass in my previous thread, but I can give it again for any of the above installations.

Any Ideas on a workaround???? PLEASE!!!!

I apologize if you feel that I do not pay enough attention to your issue.

The previous thread has been larked as resolved, and usually that happens when the Ticket owner mistakely marks it as resolved.

It could be that this is a BUG, there are some issues with Layouts and the integration, although they do not match your descritpion, and I could not find other users reporting this.

To ensure what the issue is and how to solve this, I will need to deploy this locally (to avoid long loading times created by a remote server)

I suggest you send me a Snapshot of that site.
Only the DIVI Theme, the integration Plugin and Toolset should be installed.

Then I can deploy this locally.

You might think, why I do not do that myself.
The issue is, I do not have a paid Copy of DIVI theme and it will take me more time to request one, than getting your Duplicator package from a Google Drive or DropBox Folder and duplicate the issue straight away.
This will alos save your time and aloow you to go live sooner.

Can you provide me such a Copy?
I would then need a sites snapshot if possible.
We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

This site looks completely different than what you have shown me previously.

On this snapshot I see one footer, correctly holding what you set in in the Parent Layout and the Header holding the DIVI header elements, then below it, the menu and logo.

Though the Body of the page (product single view) disappears under the menu.

Is that your issue?

I apologize that it is not clear to me what the issue is

Yes - the only thing that breaks is the product single view.

If I have a parent layout selected (and the parent layout has a header) then my single product view

Here: Site 3 (fresh install of Divi/WC/WP/Toolset) : hidden link
this site URL : hidden link
^^^I turned the navigation background color to a shade of blue it is then easier to see that the navigation/header is duplicated.

The login that I previously sent will work on the above site

This is not resolved.... Ugh. Why is it marked resolved???

Issue.png

This is resolved because you marked the thread as resolved.
A thread can be resolved only by the one who posts the last reply.

I apologise it took so long to get back here, I do not monitor solved tickets every day.

Please, could you wrap up what the issue is?

On your last screenshot, it seems like you added the Header row and cells to your Child Layout, or just below the header in the Parent layout.

Please, can you let me know if the Duplicator provided is still valid, if not, provide a new one, and confirm what you see in my screenshot is your issue?

The topic ‘[Closed] WordPress Views Breaks Layout – Duplicate Header/Footer’ is closed to new replies.