Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WordPress Custom Archives view not

This support ticket is created 7 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author
WP-archive3.PNG
WP-archive2.PNG
WP-archive1.PNG

I am trying to: use CPT Archives layout

I visited this URL: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/normal-vs-archive-views/

I expected to see: A grid/table of my documentation-type posts

Instead, I got: Default WordPress Archives layout. (hidden link)

I cannot figure out what setting I am doing wrong. I have reread the above tutorials 7 or 8 times, and I cannot figure out what setting I am missing. I am having the same error on all my sites with which I use Toolset Views.

Update - It seems that the archives work when I switch to a non RocketTheme /Gantry theme.

Can you tell me how I can make Toolset work with my theme?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

We may be dealing with a theme compatibility issue here. Would it be possible for you to provide me with a copy of the theme so I can perform some testing ?

I'll enable the private fields for your next response so you can provide me with a copy of the theme. You can upload the theme files to Dropbox or Google Drive and share them with me.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Rachel,

I've seen the issue. It seems that your theme's framework doesn't use standard wordpress procedures for displaying of post archives.

What I will do is to go ahead and escalate your ticket to our 2nd tier supporters for further debugging.

Thanks,
Shae

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

This site is basically using three things that may affect us:

- Timber: a library for building themes using Twig templates
- Gantry Framework
- Galatea: a theme for Gantry Framework

The big problem here is with the Twig templates. Gantry + Twig just rewrite the way that WP produces templates for everything, including archives. So if you look at the archive.php, you will notice that he set everything needed to then call the archive.html.twig template.

We can't do anything here since this is out of the WP standards, the way to make it works is to rewrite the archive.php file with default WP stuff (loop, etc).

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,

Adriano Ferreira

The theme developer needs a copy of the plugin to help me trouble shoot. May I provide my copy to them ? or is there a different way to handle this?

He could get your copy or contact us in hello@wp-types.com so we will assist him.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.