Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WordPress Archive for Products not Updating

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user has an issue with an archive template for one specific product. A condition based on the product stock was not evaluating correctly.

Solution:
Changing the conditions from using variables to using shortcode fixed the issue.
Changing:

[wpv-conditional if="( $(views_woo_in_stock) eq '1' )"]In stock[/wpv-conditional][wpv-conditional if="( $(views_woo_in_stock) eq '0' )"]Out of stock[/wpv-conditional]

To:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[types field='views_woo_in_stock'][/types]' eq '1' )"]In stock[/wpv-conditional]
[wpv-conditional if="( '[types field='views_woo_in_stock'][/types]' eq '0' )"]Out of stock[/wpv-conditional]
This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by benE-3 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
stock-status.jpg

We're using a Toolset WordPress Archive to create a Custom Post Archive for Products on our Woocommerce Shop page:

hidden link

Recently we noticed that this Archive is no longer updating to reflect whether the product is In Stock / Out of Stock.

I've hidden the Stock Status text via CSS since the information is currently inaccurate. But you can see it by dropping the following CSS in your browser:

.woocommerce-shop .rv-stock {
display:block;
}

As an example, if you scroll to the bottom of the second page of products the "VERJUS (1L WITH BOTTLE DEPOSIT)" product says Out of Stock even though it is In Stock in Woocommerce:

hidden link

We have the following code in the "Loop Item in Products" field for the Products Archive:

[wpv-conditional if="( $(views_woo_in_stock) eq '1' )"]In stock[/wpv-conditional][wpv-conditional if="( $(views_woo_in_stock) eq '0' )"]Out of stock[/wpv-conditional]

In trying to troubleshoot the problem, I ran across this article which seems to indicate that views_woo_in_stock should no longer be used with conditional statements:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/field-views_woo_in_stock-seems-to-be-legacy-now-how-can-i-make-it-work/

If we can't use views_woo_in_stock with conditional statements in the loop editor, what should we be using?

I tried re-adding the Product In Stock Status field via the Loop Editor, but it still uses views_woo_in_stock.

Alternately, maybe there's another solution?

Thank you for your help,

Ben

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Ben and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

I initially thought it is a cache issue, so I took the Duplicator copy and built it locally. I deactivated all plugins, but the issue was still reproduced. So, I tried to use a shortcode instead of the variable in the condition and it worked for that post:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[types field='views_woo_in_stock'][/types]' eq '1' )"]In stock[/wpv-conditional]
[wpv-conditional if="( '[types field='views_woo_in_stock'][/types]' eq '0' )"]Out of stock[/wpv-conditional]

I confirmed it on your website too. Please check from your side and confirm if that solves the issue.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.