Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WordPress 6.0 update has caused website to crash

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by eliseD-2 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

On my site hidden link - I updated to WordPress 6.0 and now my site is completely crashing. On my other sites where I have NOT updated, the sites are working fine. I noticed that the recent update for all the Toolset components says compatability with WordPress 6.0 is "unknown" - can you help me figure out what is happening?

Elise

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

First thing first, would you please make sure that you use the latest version of Toolset and Toolset addons?

- IMPORTANT STEP! Create a backup of your website.
- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add new > Commercial (tab)".
- Update Toolset and its addons there.

Also, I will need the error log when the site crashes, if the site only shows a white page, you need to enable the debug mode to be able to see the actual error:

Would you please access your website files and edit the "wp-config.php" file on the root folder of your WordPress installation and add the code below into the file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

Please add the code above the line below:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

That way we will be able to see the error and make sure that the problem is generating from Toolset or not.

Thanks.

My Toolset plugins are all up to date.

Here is the debug log from inside Toolset from just now:

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

Thank you for the information, but I did not ask for the Toolset debug info. I asked about enabling the WordPress debug mode to see the error that you get.

Please follow the steps below to enable the WordPress debug mode:

Would you please access your website files and edit the "wp-config.php" file on the root folder of your WordPress installation and add the code below into the file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

Please add the code above the line below:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Also, as you managed to give the Toolset debug so it seems that the website works that you can access that.

So please give us more details on what you mean by website crashes?

Please confirm that you enabled tteh WordPress debug mode on your next reply

Thanks for your help. I was able to disable all plugins and reactivate them one by one and I discovered two plugins that seemed to be causing the issue of freezing my pages. I have deactivated those two plugins, and the site seems to be working fine now.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!(I found two incompatible plugins and disabled them)

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.