Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Woo Commerce product page design

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user does not get the price and add-to-cart in the WooCommerce products.

Solution:
It turns out that the user was assigning a layout to products, and the layout was empty.
After adding the price shortcode and the add-to-cart shortcode they appeared.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.25 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by russellH-3 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Integrate Woo Commerce into a site that has an old theme based on Toolset Layouts. This has mostly gone okay, but on the Product page (example: hidden link), the design reverts to the Toolset Starter theme off which my child theme is based. The site logo and navigation design are wrong.

I am hoping to find a fix for this rather than completely turn off Toolset Layouts (I know it's old) which could break a lot of other page designs.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I've installed the Toolset WooCommerce Views plugin, which gives me a group of options to choose a different PHP file (screenshot: hidden link). I've played around with these and they do result in the page using my theme with the correct header and footer (example: hidden link).

But the amount of use product information is reduced when my theme is present. I did like the Add to Cart button, Description and other info shown on the theme's default page. (Screenshot: hidden link)

Is there any way around this?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To better assist you with this issue, I'd like to see this issue closely. I can't currently see the product page as it is behind an HTTP auth password. I would, also, like to see how the layouts are built. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Best regards,
Jamal

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hi Russell,

The product already uses a layout, so it won't use the WooCommerce elements automatically(price, add-to-cart, gallery, etc.), Because the layout will be responsible for what should be displayed.

Currently, the layout only displays the content of the product. Check this screenshot hidden link
If you want to use the "Add to cart" button, you will need to add it to the layout using Toolset shortcodes. Check this sample design I have created for you as an example hidden link
And check the layout structure hidden link

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if I have missed something.

Hey Jamal:

That's exactly what I needed, thank you! I appreciate you putting in those shotcodes and adjusting that Layout. I think I can work with this.

My issue is resolved for now and thank you so much!

Cheers, Russell

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.