Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Widget area visible only to Administrator

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I just discovered that a widget area, added in Layouts (single post template), is visible <b>to Administrator only</b>.
Guests or any other logged in user-role doesn't see the widgets in front-end.

Doesn't matter which widgets I add to the widget area, they don't show on the post.
(At the moment I have tag cloud and post category widget)

If I use the single widget cell the widgets are shown in front end.

Tried with my own theme, twenty seventeen and toolset starter 1.4.2 all other plugins off except Toolset.
Tried to deactivate Toolset Access.

Tried with both <?php the_ddlayout( 'default-layout' ); ?> and <?php the_content(); ?>

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I've checked with my local test install and I can see widget area cell is dis displaying fine for both admin or guest or any other user.

Please check following screenshot:
=> hidden link

As you can see - I'm displaying page for guest user and I've created custom widget area using Toolset and added Calendar widget to it and it's displaying fine.

So where should I start to find the error?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Could you please try few basic debug steps first to minimize the cause of the issue:

1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2)
If #1 does not help: I need copy of your site to debug this issue further:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.