Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Create a nested View

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I need to create a nested View structure.

Solution:
- Edit the View called "Listing subcategories".
- Scroll down to the Loop Output section and place your cursor just after the taxonomy link tag, before the closing wpv-loop tag. The taxonomy link tag is highlighted in the screenshot here.
- Click the "Fields and Views" button above the editor and insert the View called "Listing subsubcategories" just after the taxonomy link. The default configurations for the View should be fine.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by TommyW3563 5 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to solve a problem with Christian Cox.
And now I cannot post this:

Hmmm.... some days ago I made reply to your answer(April 23, 2018 at 7:55 pm). But now it isn't here..?!

Well, I did no. 1, but couldn't find out how to do no. 2.

Thanks 🙂

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Tommy

The community forum has been a source of confusion for clients for some time and was recently closed so that all support threads are handled in a single forum, and it looks like your existing thread got closed in the process, sorry for that.

As you have been working with Christian on this let me assign this to him, he will be online in a couple of hours or so.

720682-classifieds2.png

2. Add the View Listing Sub-Subcategories to the View Listing Subcategories (classifieds2.png)
- Edit the View called "Listing subcategories".
- Scroll down to the Loop Output section and place your cursor just after the taxonomy link tag, before the closing wpv-loop tag. The taxonomy link tag is highlighted in the screenshot here.
- Click the "Fields and Views" button above the editor and insert the View called "Listing subsubcategories" just after the taxonomy link. The default configurations for the View should be fine.

Thanks, Christian - it works great!!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.