Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Where to place the pagination in the code when I'm also using a sidebar widget?

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mcjS 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
pagination.png

How to make a layout with parametric search in a widget (sidebar) and the result on a page with pagination?

I read this:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-pagination/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/separate-filter-and-pagination/

I made Pagination including Controls, you can do this in the filter section.
But that is not the place where I want to show it on the view.

Where do I place this code:

[wpv-pager-prev-page][wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Previous[/wpml-string][/wpv-pager-prev-page][wpv-pager-next-page][wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Next[/wpml-string][/wpv-pager-next-page][wpv-pager-nav-links ul_class="wpv_pagination_dots" li_class="wpv_pagination_dots_item" current_type="link"]

I dont need it in the filter section, because I use the parametric search in a sidebar widget.
Do place it before
[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-items-found]
In the loop section?
But I also need it on the bottom of each page.
And i want to change the radio-buttons automaticaly when a user changes the values in the filter.

Or do I have to place it somewhere in the Filter and Loop Output section?
See image what my intention is to make.

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum and for providing the Debug Informations

When you analyze the Views Sections (Filter, Loop and Filter and Loop Output Integration), you will notice that the Pagination Wizard B button is only available for the first two:
Filter and Loop

That's where you can insert it.

You will in your case, not insert it in the Filter but in the Loop Section, of course OUTSIDE the Loop ShortCode as you don't want to repeat it for each and every Post found in the Loop.

You can use the Wizard for this, just as in the Filter Section.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding the issue mentioned in this Thread

Thank you for your patience.

Tnx for helping.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.