Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Where do I find Repeating Group entries that do not have a "parent" post linked?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a form to create an entry of a Repeating Group, but I fear that most users miss out on selecting the Post to which it belongs. So they save the RG entry without creating a link to its "parent" post.

For future entries, I have now managed to prepopulate the selector of the "parent" post in the form (with the post where the "add an RG entry" was clicked).

However, for the RG entries already created, this does not help. As most of the users have only 1 post of the "parent" post type, I could match existing RG entries with the right parent post. But where can I see these "orphan" RG entries, and their authors?

I don't have the RG in the sidebar, like the "proper" custom post types. So where do I find them?

Thank you!

Hi,

The parent post-selection field is required and mandatory in the form to add a new repeating field group entry. If the form has the field, it won't be possible to submit it successfully, without a parent post selected.

If you'd like to see the list of all 'Repeating field group' entries and their parent posts, you can create a post view for this repeating field group entries/posts and you'll be able to see an overview of which of them are orphaned.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance.

regards,
Waqar

ok got it, thanks!

ABSTRACTUS confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-05-10 16:33:15.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.