Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When users purchase adverts on this site, the ad package names are wrong

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Thanks Christian. I'm holding off logging the post processing error, as its seems to be working sometimes, and i've not been able to reliably work out why.

I have logged a separate issue regarding the correct layouts not being assigned to posts also.

Thanks for your patience here. I've asked for some assistance from my 2nd tier support team to help figure out what's happening here, and hopefully they can provide some insight into the custom code problems we're experiencing. Please stand by and I will update you when I have some more information.

Thanks Christian. I honestly thought I was using standard functionality built into toolset, I didn't realise that it would require additional PHP to use new forms or package types. I assumed that toolset would "just work" with any additional packages we create in woocommerce. Your help is appreciated.

I am Beda, I will assist you here shortly.

I debugged this and to be honest I am not happy. This specific Plugin "Toolset Classifieds" assumes many things.
So for example the CRED Form Name and Slug, which in your example install obviously changed.

If you do not use the exact names as given by the original Reference site, then the code in the add-on Plugin "Toolset Classifieds" will never trigger.
It for example expects a form with slug and name add-new-ad-package / Add new ad package.

There are more such conditions.
This has 2 problems:
- on export/import the ID of every post will eventually change and hence, should never be used in a plugin
- obviously you will not be able to create your own forms or edit them in the title or slug

Now, to your Site, I deployed that Duplicator and I found several issues.
I will not bother you with all technical details, but your site has issues that need to be fixed:
- You use the Plugin "Post Type Switcher" which is lethal for Custom post Types created by Toolset. We are aware of this issue but we cannot solve it, due to the nature of the plugin.
- your site showed up with several PHP errors on my local machine. I suggest to enable WP Debug and see after them. Most come from DIVI add-ons
- your site seems to redirect hidden link to hidden link
Why? This could be source of several issues in this process. You should not redirect but use CRED "Go to checkout" instead.
- you would definitely need to update your CRED Forms to use the exact same names and slugs as in the reference site.

Actually, I rather suggest to re-install the reference site on a fresh copy.

Now, the issues I found about the bad code in place are reported, but this will require some time to either fix or document properly.

Christian will be with you here until the issue is solved, I just wanted to let you know what is happening behind the scenes, and the cause of the issue you experience.

Thanks for the analysis Beda. So it appears that the Classifieds reference site requires the original installation setup. Extending the functionality of the site to include new/edited forms and Ad Packs is not currently supported, nor is modification of custom field slugs and page names/slugs/hierarchy. The recommended solution is to revert to the original installation setup. Extending the original functionality of the original Classifieds site is not recommended.

Hi, just going through old tickets that haven't been closed out. I think this one can be closed.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.