Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When i turn Layouts on it breaks WooCommerce

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Layouts-on-class-page.JPG
layouts-onclass.JPG
layouts-on.JPG

I am trying to:
Use layouts for a classifieds
for this site hidden link

I created very nice classifieds with toolset and Beaverbuilder and it works good but then I noticed that my woocommerace store pages no longer worked.

Turning off layouts makes the store work right like it is now but with it off the classifieds do not work.

I need both to work I do not have the classifieds tied to Toolset as this site does not need to take in orders from the classifieds they are will be be added by the admin any some are free listings

Images I uploaded show what it looks like when Layouts is turned on. The classifieds work great but the woo store is no longer working.

On the site right now layouts is off as we need the store working.

Thanks

Well, as the message says, you should select a Layout for that Page (shop).

Otherwise, you will not be able to style and display things with layouts.

Can you head to Layouts > New Layout and create a Layout for the Shop Archive?
If you have already done this, please try to re-save everything once (the page, Layout, and so on)

Please let me know if it works after you created a Layout for the Shop.

I am not using Layouts for the store I am only using it for the Classifieds.

So I guess I need to know how to make it not try and work on the store as it is messing it up when turned on.

Thanks

If you use Layouts, the idea is that it is used everywhere.

If you use the Starter Theme it will not be possible to avoid to use it everywhere.
If you use a Custom Theme, you can integrate Layouts dynamically, means, it is only needed where you actually assign it to Posts or Pages.

You probably use WooCommerce Views and there as well the idea is to use Layouts if this plugin is active.
You can change the settings in Toolset > WooCommerce > Settings, but the idea is, if Layouts is active, to use it.

Again, if you use the Starter Theme, you must use layouts everywhere in case it's active.
If it's a Custom Theme you might adapt the code for integrating Layouts by checking if Layouts is active (defined( 'WPDDL_VERSION' )) and if there is a Layout assigned to the Page/Post (is_ddlayout_assigned())

I am using the beaver builder theme and BB for the design.

So how can I just have layouts work for just the classifieds only and not for woo or the rest of the site?

Sorry for the delay we are on the road

If you use the Starter theme, no.

That theme is, as elaborated, requiring you to use Layout, as soon it's active (the plugin).

If you want a dynamic integration you need a Custom Theme.
That theme should then only load layouts if its assigned to the post.

You can find an example theme here:
hidden link

Please acknowledge that this is a Private Theme but you can use it as you want.
We just cannot support issues with it, and it's not fully WooCommerce ready.

But you can see how to integrate layouts dynamically, see it's index.php

So you are calling the beaver builder theme a starter theme?

And when using the beaver builder theme it will not work then like this.

I can not change themes on this site i have a lot of custom things going on in it.

So i am out of luck to make this work then unless I use layouts for everything?

If I would of known that I would of not got toolset as I got it just for working with Beaver builder theme and BB this is the first site I am using it all in and now you are saying this will not work?

Am I understanding this right?

1. So you are calling the beaver builder theme a starter theme?

No, I did not see that you use the Beaver Theme.

2. And when using the beaver builder theme it will not work then like this.

When using that Theme, you can either by default style the content with layouts or, you can integrate layouts:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-theme-integration/

But again, with this method, you will be required to use layouts everywhere.

3. I can not change themes on this site i have a lot of custom things going on in it.

OK, this shouldn't be an issue.

4. So i am out of luck to make this work then unless I use layouts for everything?

- either you integrate layouts dynamically as shown in my private theme
- or you do not use it at all
- or you use it only on the content part
- or you style the shop and products as well with layouts

I recommend to integrate it either dynamically, or use it only on the content, and then disable the WooCommerce Views AddOn.

Please let me know if you need more informations.

Ok i am trying to use it then I can not seem to get anything to display for the woo pages.

I created a layout for the products but it dose not do anything it shows in the backend when I view it but not on the front end.
And i do not see a way to edit it with BB?

I have a template called Template for products. and layouts for products but nothing is showing on the front end.

When you use Layouts with a Custom Theme, you need to integrate it with it following this doc:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-theme-integration/

Have you done this?

Then, when you need to use Layouts in WooCommerce, you need to select the proper setting in Toolset > WooCommerce Views as elaborated here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-woocommerce-views/

With Beaver Builder you cannot edit Layouts, and you should not edit Posts or Pages neither, directly, when you use Toolset.
What you can do instead is edit the Content Templates with Beaver Builder, under Toolset > Content Templates > Edit.
Those content Templates are then used either directly on the Posts/Products if Layouts is not active, or if it is, then they should be used within the layout assigned to the Archives or Posts.

No i did not do the integrate it with it following this doc.. why do you not have a version plugin for the Beaver builder theme that is what i paid for this for to use with BB 100% of the time. this is way to much to had to do just to get toolset to even work.

Can I use some other plugin other than layouts to get this done easily? So far I am not liking toolset at all everything seems to be way to hard to get anything done.

1. why do you not have a version plugin for the Beaver builder theme that is what i paid for this for to use with BB 100% of the time

I apologise, but Toolset does not promise or advertise any integration with the Beaver Builder Theme.
It integrates with Beaver Builder, the exact way I elaborated in my previous post.
Beaver Builder (plugin) and Beaver Theme are not the same.

2. As I elaborated, the way to achieve your goal is to customise your theme so Layouts is loaded only where you assign it.
Since the latest Updates Layouts also integrates automatically, but ONLY for the Content part of a Post or Page. This will not interfere with your Shop or other WooCommerce aspects.

3. In the example I linked, there is a very simple index.php that shows how to integrate layouts dynamically, but this is custom code. We do also provide a Toolset Theme, Toolset Starter, that fully integrates Layouts as well, but, as said, with that theme you will need to use Layouts everywhere, if active.

I am removing it all and re-doing it with another program that is easier I have tried to use toolset on two sites now and it just is to hard to get working for me.

I design all my sites with Beaver builder and many of then use the BB theme for GeneratePress.

How can I get a refund on this I am not going to use it.

I apologise that the integration of Layouts is a deal breaker for you.
I will forward this to the management

For a refund, you can write to hello@wp-types.com

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.