Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When I create a layout with columns, the preview shows everything stacked

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

Morning,

I have now found a workaround (php edits) to enable me to have the following:

1. A search view that doesnt show results on pageLoad
2. When you eneter a search term it creates (ajax) results below the search box
3. When using reset it will clear results

Next question:

I have setup taxonomies with categories and child categories. In the results I want to display the Speakers category which I can do using [wpv-post-taxonomy type="speaker-categories" format="name"]
What shortcode do I need to use for Sub Categories?

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hello Benjamin ,

Great to hear that you have found the solution for search results.

Please kindly mark this current ticket as resolved if all is good now and open a new ticket for this additional problem regarding taxonomies and we will help you to resolve this issue as well. This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum, I am not allowed to handle multiple issues in the same ticket. If this is OK with you?

Thank you

question moved to new post

Hi Norman,

This is driving me crazy - Above I found a solution on my testing server. I then moved it over to a dev site and the only difference is that it uses a different theme. I am not using Layouts plugin so there should be no integration problems but it doesnt work again - I need to get this resolved today

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry to hear that you are having problem in your live site. Which specific problem you are referring to now? We have worked on couple of issues in this ticket. And this ticket is marked as resolved which means I can't see it in my tickets queue and to work further we are required to open a new one.

So please kindly open a new ticket for this additional problem and we will help you to resolve the issue as well.

Further, it would be great if you can share your Live site login access? To debug this issue further, we will need to take a look at your setup and investigate further on site, because the problem is only appearing on live site and not the test site.

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.