Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When I add the plugin Tool set Blocks, I get a critical error

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by FachrulH2232 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Install block and types plugins (eventually needed for the maps plugin). I just did the WordPress install and was installing the plugins.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: I deactivated the Blocks plugin so the site works now.

I expected to see: no crashing error

Instead, I got:
There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Perry,

Thank you for getting in touch.

This is actually a known issue and there is a patch to fix this which can be seen at the link below.
https://toolset.com/errata/views-3-0-1-crashes-sites-running-php-version-5-6-40-or-earlier/

Please try this and let me know if it helps.
Thanks,
Shane

I uploaded the patch -- but still have the same issue. I only have the "views" plugin active (with the wp block editor file replaced) and I still get the same critical error.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Perry,

So I logged into the site and enabled the debug for the site.

I see the error coming up as

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 68157440 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 49152 bytes) in /home/rpcc/pstudio.rileypalmerconstruction.com/wp-admin/includes/image.php on line 617

This means that wordpress is running out of memory for its processes, what I recommend that you do is to increase the memory limit by going to the link below and following the instructions.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

OK -- so I updates the memory limit in the wp-congif file but still get the fatal error...

Shane
Supporter

Hi Perry,

Thank you for attempting this.

Would it be possible to update the php version on your server to atleast version 7 ? As this version is the minimum that wordpress core requires.

Please let me know if this is possible and we take it further from there.

Thanks,
Shane

I'm checking with host (the client is wants to use his old host so that's why I'm not sure if I can change the PHP setting. I'll be in touch this week --

Shane
Supporter

Hi Perry,

Thank you for the update. Looking forward to what the hosting company provides.

Thanks,
Shane

Hey this is also happened to me. I have updated all the plugins and everything and still got the error, any solutions please?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.