Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When browsing for uploading an image there is no thumbnail preview

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alvaroM-5 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

In my CRED form I have an image fied. When the user clicks "Browse..." to select the image to upload a windows explorer is open BUT I'm presented with a list of image names (and a very small image icon beside).

In previous versions I could see a small thumbnail of the images in this window, which helps to find out the precise image.

Has anything changed in the last versions? I'm asking because I have another site with old version of Toolset and the thumbnails are there.

Note: just discovered that, in certain directories with images (.jpg), I do see the image thumbnails, but others not. Any idea why this is? Might it be OS dependant? I'm using Linuxmint.

Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Alvaro

This is entirely dependent on the OS, and can be different for each user depending on their settings, and depending on the OS it can even be different for distinct folders.

The form field for an image upload simply triggers the browser UI for selecting a file; what happens then is not influenced by the form itself.

As an aside, we are working on the much-requested feature of switching to the built-in WP media uploader which should be included in a Forms update before too long.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks very much for the confirmation.

As an aside, we are working on the much-requested feature of switching to the built-in WP media uploader which should be included in a Forms update before too long. <-- this would be AWESOME, along with a feature to upload images in bulk 🙂

Cheers

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.