Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When adding the DIVI Header Elements, the secondary Navigation is missing.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
screenshot-2.jpg
screenshot-1.jpg

I added a layout using the DIVI Theme integration. In my normal DIVI Layout (without toolset), there is a secondary Navigation in the same bar with the social icons and the phone number (see screenshot-1).

When adding a layout with toolset, I got the DIVI Header Elements Modul inserted. In the options of this Modul, I just have the "Social Icons" "Phone number" and "E-Mail". So the header isn't the same as on normal pages (see screenshot-2). How can I build the same header which is on normal pages (including the secondary Navigation)?

Best regards
Christoph

Bildschirmfoto 2016-09-11 um 12.46.39.png

The DIVI Integration has a cell for the Primary Menu and for "Header Elements: displays the social icons plus email and phone contacts that are set in Divi > Theme Options > General Settings."

I do not understand your issue. You mention without Integration, you have email, phone number and social icons.
With Layouts, you have them as well, as you mention, you can choose them as options.
To update social profile links/IDs, phone number and email, please see Theme Options.

On my local install, even without Layouts integration this HTML element (top-header div) has display:none as CSS attribute and this is the reason it's not displaying.

It must be a Theme setting to enable those.

Can you pint point where in DIVI I need to activate them?
I found Social Icon settings in DIV but those have no effect.

screenshot-3.jpg

Hello Beda

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for being unclear. My question is not about the social icons, phone or e-mail.

In DIVI, it is possible, to add a secondary navigation to the DIVI header (which is also located in the top-header div). You do that in the menu module, by selecting "Secondary Menu" (see screenshot-3). By doing that, the navigation is shown in the top-header div - you can see these links in the first screenshot from the previous post.

However, I am not able to display this secondary menu in the page with the layout, because in the screenshot you added, there is no option to display this secondary navigation.

To illustrate:
Page with secondary navigation in top-header div: hidden link
Page without secondary navigation in top-header div (made with a layout): hidden link

Best regards
Christoph

DIVI Layouts Integration "Primary Navigation" Cell will display the menu that is set as Primary Menu in Appearance > Menus.

We do not have a Cell for the secondary menu.

You can use a normal Menu Cell of Layouts to display any other Menu on your layout.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-divi-integration/

And how do I get this normal Menu Cell inside the same div than the "DIVI Header Elements" are in?

The only way would be to create a Row, give it a DIVI property (we have 3 DIVI specific Row Types) and in that Row insert a Grid Cell, which has as example 2 more rows.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/learn-how-rows-can-displayed-different-ways/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/learn-creating-using-grids/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-divi-integration/

Then you can insert the Primary Menu, the header elements and the Secondary menu.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.