Skip Navigation

[Resolved] What is the right approach to capture job application status?

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by himanshuS 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I am using Toolset to create a job board. There are three CPTs -
1) Company
2) Job
3) Job Application

Company and Job are in an O2M relationship.
Job and Job Applicaito are in an O2M relationship.

Now, I want to add some 'status' to job and job application post types.

For job CPT, I want the employer to add - active, closed, inactive, expired.

For job application CPT, I want the professional to create a job application but I want the employer to edit the status like this.
The employer could change 'status' to short-listed, first-round, second-round, on-site, book-marked, offer given, closed.

How should I go ahead and approach this design? Is it by using job application status taxonomy and by only giving access to the employer to make changes to the taxonomy? Or there another way to do this?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset Support.

I don't think that taxonomy is the best approach. A post, by design, can be assigned to multiple terms on the same taxonomy. Whereas a status should be just a unique value instead of multiple values.

I suggest using two select custom fields "Job status" for Jobs, and "Application status" for Job applications. For the form that the candidate will use, do not add the "Application Status" field. But for the form that the employer will use, add the "Application Status" to let him change it based on the workflow.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any further questions.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.