Skip Navigation

[Closed] What is shown when access is denied to a page or form

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 2 years ago.

Author

I have a page on my site which is part of a post group which only allows users with a specific role to access it. The page is here hidden link

When a user with a different role tries to access the page, they get the GeneratePress theme Page Hero which applies to that page and an otherwise blank page.

Is there a way to define what shows when access is denied to a page or form? Ideally I'd like to see a message and a login box. But ion any case, I thought the default was that a 404 page would show? This doesn't seem to be happening on my site.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Screenshot 2022-03-16 at 15.23.54.png

Hi Nick

Barring some intervention by some 3rd-party code visitors who do not have access to some post would be shown a 404 message, but you can change this to show a content template instead (which can include the content of your choice).

Click the little edit icon shown in the screenshot to bring up a dialog that lets you choose what to show.

The topic ‘[Closed] What is shown when access is denied to a page or form’ is closed to new replies.