Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Whast is the best choice to use Category descriptions

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user wanted to know if it was possible to display the description information of his taxonomies on his archive page.

Solution:

If its to display this information on the category pages then you should be able to use this shortcode below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-taxonomy-archive

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jorg-andreasK 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there,...

I am using toolset WordPress archive pages with individual loop for my categories. Works fine.

For SEO matters I want to put the name and the descriptions of the WordPress Catogories on the Category pages.

What is the best way to do so?

I am thinking of of the usage of an conditional output asking for the current category and publish name and the description of the current category.

How can I achieve this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jorg,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

If its to display this information on the category pages then you should be able to use this shortcode below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-taxonomy-archive

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thank you very much,...

It works,... but second question related to that:

Can I add a field to the existing category fields with toolset,... something like a "subname"? Could not find a way to do so.

Jörg

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jorg,

You can add term fields to the default category by click on Term Fields.

From here you can add custom fields to your taxonomy.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

thx,....

Looks like I was running in the wrong direction,.... but now it works,.... thx again

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.