Skip Navigation

[Closed] Website super slow on preloading css and js files

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if its a toolset issue or something else, but my website is pretty slow down on loading all the css files.
This is the main page where I will have tons of clicks and it shouldn't be this slow:
hidden link

Do you think you can help me to understand why is so slow?

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

When I load the problem URL you shared: hidden link
- I can see that few items are missing the images and that can also be part of your performance issue.

However - here is the official Doc about how you can use the custom search on large sites:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/how-to-use-views-parametric-search-on-large-sites/

Basically, performance depends on many things like server resources, the content you are trying to display as well as your internet speed.

What if you try to first fix the images issue where images are not shown and check if that helps to boost performance a bit.

The missing images are actually part of my coding, since each post has different images that can be chosen for the cover, I created multiple conditions to check which one the post author choose. ...the weird thing is the website was running good and suddenly became really slow.

I also tested to turn off all the plugins and add one-by-one to see if it was any of the plugins/theme issue. My conclusion was, once I turned on Toolset Views the website cranked and got slow again...

Minesh
Supporter

The thing is that with that view you are displaying images with I guess multiple views added to your page and all those are adding images.

Have you tried any option that mentioned with the following link:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/how-to-use-views-parametric-search-on-large-sites/

Are you using any cache plugin?

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 13.43.38.png

I'm not using any cache plugin, as I deactivate all plugins and just left TYPES and VIEWS turned on to understand what is going on.
I try those options, but I dont see any difference.

To be quite frankly I feel it's something going on before the website actually starts loading... I dont have knowledge to say exactly what it is but from the point of view of user experience, the pages are taking too long to run. Then, once the page passes that loading time, it shows in less than a 3s, which is fine. There's something I havent figured out before the page actually loads and hangs for 20s or more, depending on how many people is refreshing the page.

Does this explanation rings any bell on what could be the problem, to you?

Minesh
Supporter

Based on the screenshot you shared I am not able to determine that the issue is really caused by the Toolset plugins.

I would suggest you should check with your hosting authority and that will be quick and better way to find out the cause and if they point out the real issue is from Toolset plugin - we would definitely like to address it but as I said before no other user reported such issue.

Would you mind to check with your hosting authority first and take the notes from them whats actually causing the issue.

The topic ‘[Closed] Website super slow on preloading css and js files’ is closed to new replies.