Skip Navigation

[Closed] Web site broken after upgrading WordPress/Toolser

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

poM

Hi,

Same here. Web site broken after upgrading Toolset Types/Views to the latest release and WordPress to version 7.

hidden link

I have tried twice to update Toolset and I got twice in the same issues.

Really unacceptable for a paid product.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I certainly understand this situation.

1. I noticed from the url that it loads the cached version of the page (.html), because your site is using Comet Cache plugin, please clear your plugin cache, delete the cached version of pages, browser cache, CDN cache (if any) and then you can check the page again so that it loads standard WordPress page (non-cached version).

2. Please make sure that you are using the latest version of Avada Theme

3. Please try to disable Autoptimize plugin for a moment and see if this resolves the problem.

*** Please take a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***

4. Lastly if above steps do not solve the issue, can you please delete Toolset plugins and re-install them by downloading again from your Toolset account. Don’t worry all of your Toolset data will be kept as it is. https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Please let us know how it goes once you are done with above steps.
Thank you

poM

Hi,

1 & 3. I have of course tried to clear the caches and deactivating both Comet Cache and Autoptimize did not fix the problem.

2. Upgrading Avada from 4.0.3 to 5.0.6 finished breaking my site. Fortunately, it is a copy of the production child. Really nice to work with child themes when you can't safely update the parent theme.

4. I won't even give it a try as my web site totally is messed up.

Noman
Supporter

cached html version.png

Hello,

1. URL still shows that it loads the cached version of the page (.html) See attached screenshot.

2. We can further debug this issue, once it loads the standard wordpress page, i.e. the page without static cached version of the page which shows .html in url.

3. Please try to disable Comet cache plugin, and delete .html versions from using FTP or File Manager, cached static html files are stored in this folder:
/wp-content/cache/comet-cache

See this screenshot: hidden link

Please let me know how it goes.
Thank you

poM

Hi,

Once again, Comet Cache and Autoptimize are deactivated and both caches are deleted.

.html extension is provided by "Append extensions on Pages" plugin.

Web site is just totally broken and this is not a caching issue...

Noman
Supporter

Hello,

1. Can you please check for a possible plugin or theme conflict? To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme), Disable all plugins except Toolset plugins and see how your website goes with default theme?

2. Further, to debug this issue I will need to take a look at your setup. So I need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Looking forward to help you.
Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Web site broken after upgrading WordPress/Toolser’ is closed to new replies.