Skip Navigation

[Resolved] We could not connect to the Google Maps error

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
We could not connect to the Google Maps error - Accessing the address field shows error "We could not connect to the Google Maps autocomplete service, but you can add an address manually"

Solution:
User do not activated the Places API with his map key. Please make sure that Places API is activated with that map API key(s) you registered.

Relevant Documentation:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-maps-api-key/#creating-an-api-key-for-google-maps

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by umbertoZ 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
c2.png
c1.png

Hi, I've added Google Maps API keys and I get "Google API seems to be configured properly." when I click on "Check API" button.

But then, when I goas to my CPT where I added an Address custom field, I get the error message:

"We could not connect to the Google Maps autocomplete service, but you can add an address manually."

Check the screenshots.

What can I do to fix the problem?

cheers

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

That is strange. Do you see any Javascript error on your browser console? Or

If you can grant me access of admin and share the problem URL I will be happy to investigate this issue further.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh, the map works fine on the frontend and I don't get any errors there. On the back end I get this error in the browser console:

js?libraries=places&v=3&key=AIzaSyDIMlHMB7YaoXjE7Va3CXp-0CNzADUTXEg:77

This API project is not authorized to use this API. Places API error: ApiNotActivatedMapError
hidden link

You can check it on this post: /wp-admin/post.php?post=1648&action=edit

cheers

Minesh
Supporter

I tried to login with the admin access details you shared but I'm afraid that I'm not able to login. It shows me the following error when I try to submit the login form using the access details you shared:

: The password you entered for the username toolset is incorrect.

Can you please send me working admin access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

With the Google Map API key you generated, can you please make sure that Places API is activated with that map API key(s) you registered?

We activated Places API and the issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.