Skip Navigation

[Resolved] We are looking for assistance in creating two types of search/results pages.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.14 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: We are looking for assistance in creating two types of search/results pages.

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

What I need help doing:
We are looking for assistance in creating two types of search/results pages.

The first one is an Event Finder search with the following search criteria:

Category
Teacher

It will also be pre-filtered with one of 8 main topics. Once we have one page can duplicate it and change the topic.

On the same page, we want a view that displays the results in date order, ascending and only events with dates that haven't occurred yet.

We want the user to be able to re-run another search without having to go to another page.

The second one is a Course finder with following search criteria:

Category
Teacher
Checkbox to also include events in the result.

It will also be pre-filtered with one of 8 main topics. Once we have one page can duplicate it and change the topic.

The results can be displayed by Teacher sorted ascending. Would it be possible to give the end user other sort choices?

Like the first one, We want the user to be able to re-run another search without having to go to another page.

We want to be able to hyperlink to each page. Since there are 8 topics, we will eventually create 16 hyperlinked pages that we will add to our hub page.

Can you give instructions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Dear Cindy,

q1) Would it be possible to give the end user other sort choices?
The view is sort-able in front-end, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/allowing-visitors-to-sort-the-front-end-results/
Allowing visitors to sort the front-end results

Q2) Can you give instructions on how to accomplish this?
How do you setup those "16 hyperlinked pages"?
Are they wordpress pages?
If they are, then you can simply create a view to query the pages, and setup the custom search form. see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/
Building Custom Searches for Any Content Type

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.