Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WC mess

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Creating a CT with Toolset for WC products.

It tells me that I have to use Blocks otherwise WC will overwrite my template.
I click dismiss, because I do not use Blocks, and it loads a modal pointing to some screen where I shall choose another PHP template.
Click and die() with "You are not allowed to access this page"
The menu in the Toolset > WooCommerce Views is also gone, so I cant choose the ominous custom PHP template I guess.

Did you consciously make it impossible to create CTs for WC template if someone does not use the new Blocks interface?
Note that I use all the latests, _blocks_ plugins (not views, but bocks)
I just enabled classic editors, because that is what works - the client specifically has sourced this project to _move from blocks built templates to "legacy", because he was tried to have his block built templates ruined after each change, or even without interaction.

So - even if I am an avid promoter of legacy - this is not even my choice here.

Bottom line: Classic Editors and Toolset + WC == no go anymore?
(I can create the PHP template for WC myself, of course, that is not the issue. The issue is that there is A) clearly some bug leading me to a page that does not exist anymore and B), I bet clients would like to know this before they buy Toolset 🙂 )

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Beda, Hope you re doing great!!

I hope that you already aware about the new changes that with Toolset Woocomemrce Blocks we retire the manual content template setup for woocommerce single and archive.
=> https://toolset.com/download/toolset-woocommerce-views/#changelog

The menu you mentioned is also merged at: Toolset => Settings page and you will find a Woocommerce Blocks tab there. As new Woocommerce Block will automatically detect the settings there is no many settings offered there on settings page.

I created this sand box site for you where there was single product template created using block:
=> hidden link

But then I set the content template setting to use "Classic Editor" and added a new content template and assigned it to display the single product and I see its working where I only added the post link to display:
- hidden link
- hidden link

Can you please mention where you see the notice about "use Blocks otherwise WC will overwrite my template.". You may check with the sandbox site I shared.

Screenshot 2022-04-12 at 18.09.20.png

Hello Minesh, thanks - I am fine, I hope you too!

I understand you removed some things and made them automated, that is great!

I got that notice on where you can see the red rectangle in the screenshot, I took that screenshot from your sandbox... there, the message does not appear. On my local now it is gone too, of course, since I had pressed "dismiss".

Weird!
Meanwhile I just created a custom WC template that calls the_content to apply the template. You are saying this should not be necessary... thus perhaps it is something related to this theme, yet I can't imagine why the notice would appear.

Let me investigate this again on this end, perhaps the theme does something off...
(Even so thou the link still pointed to the wrong tab so that would be a lingering/orphan link probably. I will see if I can replicate it on clean again)

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Ok great Beda.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.