Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Child post missing dropdown to select parent after updating Types plugin

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The parent Select Field in a given Child Post Edit screen is not available. What can I do, if I am sure, the parent Post type actually holds some posts?

Solution:
1. Head to Types > Post Types > your_custom_post_type > edit and ensure the Relationships is correctly set.
2. Save the Post Type again
3. Check your Product Edit Screen.

If now you can not see the Parent posts to choose, please follow:

1. List all products, check them all, choose "Edit" from the bulk edit mode, hit apply and save them, without editing any.

2. Do the same with the parent Post Type

If now still it does not work, check if the issue also persists with a WordPress Default Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report us when the issue comes back

It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming from a 3rd Party Plugin.

Relevant documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-post-type-relationships/

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by manuelA-2 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
UpdateNOT-Working-showsTextbox.png
LegacyWorking-showsdropdown.png

I recently updated the types plugin from 1.6.6.3 to 1.9.1 because the feature images stop working on custom posts when they had a child woocommerce product. Although the update fixed the featured images situation, now something else broke. The issue described below.

I have Woocommerce setup with Products. I have setup a custom post type as the parent of the products. So for each product I must select a parent (A custom post type). The behavior has been that on any product I would see a dropdown to select the parent post (attached "legacyWorking" screenshot). After updating the plugin, I now only see a textbox (see attached "UpdateNotWorking").

Please advise

I am not able to see this issue

It is working fine locally, I can choose the Parent Custom Post Type for the Products.

Please follow this steps:

1. Head to Types > Post Types > your_custom_post_type > edit and ensure the Relationships is correctly set.
2. Save the Post Type again
3. Check your Product Edit Screen.

If now you can not see the Parent posts to choose, please follow:

1. List all products, check them all, choose "Edit" from the bulk edit mode, hit apply and save them, without editing any.

2. Do the same with the parent Post Type

If now still it does not work, check if the issue also persist with a WordPress Default Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.

Thank you for your patience.

Just to close this; as it turns out it was simply browser cache that was breaking the admin side by showing a textbox... Rookie mistake. Once I cleared the Cache the textbox went away and a dropdown showed up. Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.