Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Visual Composer Not showing up in Template Creation Page

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by anandG-3 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
screenshot.png

I am trying to: Make a Single Post Template layout. I find it nice to use the toolset layout builder but, for some reason the images are not coming out responsive. So I setup Visual Composer after reading up that I could use that to build toolset custom layouts. But its just not appearing in the edit page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Anand

Toolset has two kind of templates. Simple Views templates ( Toolset > Content Templates ) and Template Layouts ( Toolset > Layouts ).

Layouts is a page builder of sorts and is not intended to be combined with another page builder, the expectation is that you would use another page builder instead of Layouts if you prefer.

In the case of Visual Composer, that is one of the supported page builders which you can use to design Content Templates (not Template Layouts).

So if you have a post type "Projects" and want to create a template to display single projects designed with Visual Composer, you need to make a Content Template which you assign to single project posts, and you'll then see a button to use VC to design the template.

Thank You Nigel. My problem is that I am not able to get responsive pages for my custom post and the content breaks up in the mobile view. I looked up the documentation and tried applying all the classes (col.sm-8) (col-xs-12) to the divs, still not working. Which is why I thought, I should try using the visual composer page builder.

Now, as per your feedback, just to test things out, I created a new custom post type "projects" went to toolset> content templates and created a test template, and enabled the checkbox for the same to be used with the projects custom post type single post and archive post.

Now when I go to create "New" Project and fill in the fields, the output for some reason only shows me the headline and all other fields content does not show up on the custom post.

It would be simplest, if I could be able to get responsive pages through the template layout itself. But I am just going around in circles, surely must have missed something.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

If nothing is showing up apart from the title then it sounds like you didn't add anything to the content template.

You would need to insert the fields (including the post body) that you want to appear (as described here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/view-templates/).

For your original problem about the responsive layout not working, it sounds as if you may not have Bootstrap active on your site (which is what provides the grid system and defines the styles for col-sm-8 etc.).

Go to Toolset > Settings and make sure that Toolset is loading Bootstrap.

Thank You

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.