Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views submit button on amp pages

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by culturaI 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello i have:
Amp official plugin
View in homepage(Our Italian language Courses)
Submit button (Search your course!)
View reload the page when user click on search button

My problem is only in amp pages:
when user go to website in amp version (from google search) submit button simply is not working (already tried to change various setting in view).
I suspect the problem is in amp url that is NOT like hidden link BUT hidden link

To replicate problem you can search in google "learn italian in bologna" and the website if in first results.

Could you help me to resolve?

Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I did a search in Google with the following keywords "learn italian in bologna" and I was not able to view the AMP version of the page. Can you record a short screencast, using Loom or screencastify, to demonstrate this issue?

Hello Jamal and thanks for your help.

I recorded with screenify and uploaded to youtube, here the link to the video:
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

I believe the video is not accessible to all public. Check this screenshot hidden link

You may grant access to my email address jamal.b(at)onthegosystems.com.

Let me know what you will get.

Please check now, i changed visibility from not listed to public

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for the video, I can see the issue and I was able to reproduce it on the browser mobile simulator.

Maybe the URL format of the AMP site contributes to this issue, but from my analysis, the jQuery script, on which Toolset scripts depends is not loaded. And it seems that the AMP script is adding handlers to the form and does not let it work.
Let's try to modify the URL scheme and check if it helps. According to the AMP plugin documentation, both, the Native and Paired are recommended while developing, let's choose the Native mode, revalidate the homepage and check again:
- To change the mode check this screenshot hidden link
- To revalidate the homepage check this screenshot hidden link

If this does not help, we'll need to make sure that no other components(theme/plugin) of your website is interfering, please check if this issue appears, after revalidation, when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

Hello Jamal, i made various test and the problem seem to be in my particular view structure (i think filters of nested view called in main view).
Also added some amp component in my head.

Now my view is working on amp cached page but i have to edit it, so i will update here as soon it will work again.

In meanwhile can i ask to you which file it is "jQuery script, on which Toolset scripts depends"? (also file path)

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Jamal is on Vacation. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

Toolset Views script depends on whole plugins script - I do not understand here what script you are talking here. As to make a view work perfectly - it will require the whole Toolset Views plugin.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.