Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views Plugin will not update

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The issue here is that the user is getting the error The package could not be installed. PCLZIP _ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10): Unable to find End of Central Dir Record Signature
Solution:

We did have a release that is meant to address this issue that is affecting some customers. https://toolset.com/download/toolset-types/#changelog

Download and install the latest version of types manually and then you should be able to update the other plugins normally.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by helenmaryC 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to update to the latest version of the plugins. Types went fine, but when I try to update Views I get "The package could not be installed. (PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature)"

I haven't tried Forms yet as I wanted to do View first.

Googling seems to suggest that this is a problem with the package?

Thanks for your help.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Helen,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can attempt to update this for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Helen,

Thank you, I was able to update the plugins for you.

The next time this issue occurs what you can do is to try going to Plugins -> Add New -> Commercial then click the "Check for Update" button.

This should resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

The odd thing is that I did try updating from the commercial page, though I didn't specifically check for updates first, since it was already showing that there were updates there. Good to know for next time.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.