Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views plugin repeatedly disappears from plugin list

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JamesS2731 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Keep using Views

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The views plugin still installed

Instead, I got: The views plugin had disappeared form the plugin list. It wasn't in the 'Commercial' section either to re-install. I had to manually delete the wp-views folder from the plugins folder and re-upload it. This has happened multiple times. When the plugin disappears, so do any front end views, etc.

Any thoughts or ideas most welcomed.

Best regards
James

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

That is strange. You can always download the view's plugin from your account's page.

First of all - After checking to debug the information you shared with us, I found that you are using outdated Toolset plugins. We always recommend running your site with the latest stable release plugin version.
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
[ Click on the "Legacy plugins" tab and you will see the view's plugin to download]

Hi Minesh,

Thank you for your quick response. Yes indeed, the reason that the views plugin was out of date was that I just had to manually update it and I only had v3.6. I've updated it now.

I'm interested to know why it is removing itself form the admin (and front end) although the plugin folder and contents still exists in the plugins folder.

Also, as to why it's not listed under Legacy on the commercial plugins page. Once I manually add it again, it appears there though.

Any thoughts welcomed.

Kind regards
James

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

We have thousands of users who is using legacy Toolset View's plugin but I do not see any other ticket or user who raise the same issue as you did so with this ticket. This is totally strange behavior and you need to track down whats causing the view's plugin removed automatically.

Yes, it's very odd. If you've not had any other similar instances then it must be something conflicting on the site. I'll see if I can find what's triggering it. if I do, I'll post it here in case any one else has the same issue.

Many thanks
James

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.