Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views plugin conflicts with Fusion Builder

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The issue here is that the user is getting the error "Your page content could not be displayed as a Fusion Builder layout. Most likely that means, there is some invalid markup or shortcode in it. Please check the contents in the text editor. See here for more information." when views is active.

Solution:
This is a known issue and our development team should be working on a fix for this.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by frederikB 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
dump.png

I am trying to: use Fusion Builder in combination with the Views plugin and the Avada theme

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (still in production, the problem occurs on the back end)

I expected to see: I have been working with Fusion Builder on this website all week, without problems

Instead, I got: Today I suddenlty got an error message when I tried to use Fusion Builder: "Your page content could not be displayed as a Fusion Builder layout. Most likely that means, there is some invalid markup or shortcode in it. Please check the contents in the text editor. See here for more information."

The problem appears on all pages, wether they include a view or not

The problem only disappears when I deactivate the Views plugin. (The plugin website suggested that "A plugin has altered your page content by adding extra content without Fusion Builder shortcodes (elements). Try deactivating your plugins (except Fusion Builder and Fusion Core) to find the culprit.")

I am using the following versions:

Views: Version 2.9.1
Wordpress: version 5.2.2–nl_NL
Fusion Builder: Version 2.0.3
Avada: Version 6.0.3

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Frederik,

This is a known issue, however would it be possible to get a copy of your site for further testing ?

Thanks,
Shane

Sure, how does that work exactly? Let me know what you need.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Frederik,

I would just need to log in and install the duplicator plugin to grab the copy.

I will be doing this once I have the go ahead from you.

Thanks,
Shane

That is allright with me, go ahead!

Shane
Supporter

Escalated

With the help of the Avada support team I found out that the problem only occurs when I log in with a user who has the administrator role for that site. When I removed that role (still being a network superuser) the problem disappeared. Does that help you identify what causes the problem? Either way, for me the issues is resolved for now. Thanks for your support.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.