Skip Navigation

[Closed] Views not able to filter by Checkboxes

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Juan 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Juan.

Author

I am trying to create a new View that contains a Query Filter returning posts from a specific checked box from a multiselect Checkboxes field.
Ex: The checkboxes field is called amenitities. I have checkboxes set up like: Pet Friendly, WIFI, Pool etc...

I have tried to compare a string value equal to the constant with the Title of the checkbox value. I also have tried to assign numeric values and comber the numeric value.

I expected to see a page with Hotels that are Pet Friendly.

Instead, I got nothing.

It all seems logical on how to query it, but for some reason I am not able to get any results.

Thanks,
Bill

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Bill

Thanks for the feedback.

Well, I do think we have a problem here, let's try to solve it.

Checkboxes fields are a special kind of fields, because of their own nature. Unless most of other fields, they need to store several data at once, since you can check several checkboxes for the same post. Because of that, fltering by them is a little restricted and sometimes tricky.

In order to be able to reproduce your issue and provide a viable answer and solution, I will need some extra information. Could you please provide a description, or better a screenshot, of the following)
- The checkboxes field definition as done in the Types group it belongs to. I would need to see specially the inputs for the value to store and the label for each value.
- The View query filter that you created. I see that you are trying to filter by one specific checkbox value, so I will need to see the field filter to see if the comparison function and value to check against do match what we expect.

I am sure we will be able to solve this in no time.

Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Views not able to filter by Checkboxes’ is closed to new replies.