Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views for relationships not showing after Toolset update

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Fix views for relationships. Cast is not showing on the drama pages I've created.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I wonder from what versions have you updated? Toolset Types 2.x and Toolset Types 3.x have different relationships' database schema, you need to complete the relationship migration in Toolset->Relationships.

If this does not help, I'll need to login to your website and check it further to see how do you display the related posts. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

There was two issues with the query filter of the cast view. The filter was not choosing the relationship, and it was set for the current post in the loop, while it should be set for the post where this view is shown. hidden link

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

It looks like all of my views were reset after updating. 🙁 How can I avoid this in the future?

It looks like all of my relationship views were reset since they were all working before.
What can I do to avoid this in the future?

Jamal
Supporter

That should not happen!

Can you explain further what do you mean by the views were reset?
Can you share a screenshot? a URL? Where I can see the issue?

Hi Jamal,
After you gave me that little tidbit of information about the query filter set wrong, I went in and checked all the other views because the issue was spread throughout the site.
None of the relationship views were working, when they were working before the update.
I went in and switched everything back to how it was before.
I don't have a screenshot since I fixed it after you gave me the info.

Thanks again.

Jamal
Supporter

Ok. I guess, you don't need further assistance, right? If yes, please mark this ticket as resolved. If no, please point me to where and I'll double-check.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.