Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views for logged in user

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 1 month ago.

Author

Hi there,

I am trying to create a view of all posts to a custom post type by the current logged in user. It works on a normal page, but if I include the View inside WooCommerce Membership content restriction tags, it breaks the page. The content restriction tags work fine without the View included.

I hope you can help.

Many thanks,
Andrew.

Not sure what "breaks the page" exactly depicts, it is important for me to know what exactly is happening and what is expected.

If you put a string in the WooCommerce Membership content restriction tags, is that string showing when expected?
If so, then I assume, the View instead of showing when expected simply does not show?

That could be due to the 3rd party Plugin resetting the current user data.

Can you try an HTML condition as supported by Toolset and elaborated here to solve the issue?
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-html-output-in-views/

I assume the WooCommerce Membership content restriction tags checks upon a membership, which maybe is stored in User Meta, so you could use HTML conditions to check upon that user meta.
Or, you can use Toolset Access ShortCodes but those will only work with Roles set up by Toolset Access.

Once I know more about the exact steps taken and expectations not met, I will eventually be able to replicate the issue and give a hint on how to solve it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.