Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views Filters with Toolset Blocks

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jonathanR-5 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi, I have a few issues:
1) The first View I've created inside of a table here hidden link does not give an option to Link the term in the "Area" taxonomy column as it does on the second View I've created below it using Single Field.
I want to keep the table but be able to link the "Area" to it's page as in the second View.
2) I only want to show the first level taxonomy, not the second. So instead of "Clinical Psychology, Joint Appointment Faculty" I want to just display "Clinical Psychology".
3) I need to create a new page like this one: hidden link
but I don't know how to list the posts by second level of taxonomy using Views. So under 'Clinical Psychology' which is the top level taxonomy, I want to list sub-level ones like Area Chair, Ladder Faculty etc.. and then dynamically loop through and list that custom post (Faculty) under those sub-taxonomies.
Right now when I try to do that with Views, it only lists the taxonomy name not the custom post title (faculty name) which belongs to it.
If there are any tutorials that you can point me to for the above 3 items, I'm happy to take a look but I wasn't able to find any on my own that specifically deals with these issues. Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As per our support policy, we entertain only one question per ticket. This will help other users searching on the forum as well as help us to write correct problem resolution summery for the original issue reported.

Let's resolve the issue one by one. With this ticket, we can go with the 1st question and I'll split the ticket with your additional questions.

1) The first View I've created inside of a table here hidden link does not give an option to Link the term in the "Area" taxonomy column as it does on the second View I've created below it using Single Field.
I want to keep the table but be able to link the "Area" to it's page as in the second View.
==>
Can you please share admin access details so I can check how exactly you configured your view's loop output.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Sorry but I'm unable to share any credentials with you at the moment. Can you please point me to some tutorials on the issues? I think the issues are pretty straightforward.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please tell me what shortcode you are using to display content with "Area" column?

screen1.png

Please see the screenshot attached for the editor for this page: hidden link
This should help you see how I've set up the table and loop.

screen2.png

Please note that for the second section, instead of a table I'm looping through a Single Field and the "Link to Term Archive Page" (highlighted in red on the right in the new screenshot) is available to choose now but not for the Table version (above). I hope this helps.

Minesh
Supporter

what if you try to select the option "URL of the term archive page" that shows in the first screenshot you shared on right panel - does it display the term link?

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 2.39.38 PM.png

I've tried that but it only lists the URLs of the pages. See attached.

Minesh
Supporter

So to restrict the links to only parent terms you will require to create a taxonomy view and add the taxonomy link within the taxonomy view's loop editor and then instead of using the paragraph block, you should add the "Fields and Text" block and try to add the taxonomy view.

If you do not know how to do it, please share just admin access details and I'm happy to fix it on your behalf.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks but that doesn't solve the issue of why I can not link the terms in the "Area" cell in the table vs. in the "Area" single fields below it. Why isn't there an option "Link to Term Archive Page" in the table cell? Also, how can I access and edit the Term Archive pages?

Minesh
Supporter

Because there is no option available with the paragraph bock to display the link to term archive also there is no filter possible.

What you should do is try to follow the following steps:
=> Create a taxonomy view in classic mode for your Area taxonomy and configure the "Query Filter" and "Loop Editor" section as shown with the following screenshot for your view: hidden link
=> Then, instead of using the paragraph block, you should add a "Fields and Text" block and add the taxonomy view you created.

It should display then only the parent taxonomy term link.

OK I created a WordPress Archive page which resolved my issue of "how can I access and edit the Term Archive pages?"

I still need a way to only show the top level "Area" term (taxonomy) and then link to it's corresponding archive page inside the table, just like the unformatted version below the table here: hidden link

Please advise.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.