Skip Navigation

[Resolved] views filters stopped working properly with views 3.0

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bryan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

The title of my ticket is incorrect- things worked fine until views 3.02 - problems started with 3.10.

I am trying to:
One simple select filter plus DatePicker to pass data via url parameter to the results view, after selecting the date my filter dropdown becomes empty

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
hidden link
hidden link

Instead, I got:
hidden link
..& cannot select filter

Video makes this clear...
hidden link

The symptoms change a little depending on if I load BS4 myself or rely on toolset; and if I am running jQuery Manager for WordPress.

Basically.

Astra + my child theme + views 3.02 + jQuery Manager worked fine for about 10 months -- but 3.02 is giving other errors and 3.12 has a another fix I requested.

Views 3.12 is inconsistent. If I add some jQuery to hide and display the submit button the field appears - but the jQuery no longer works to reformat the date and if I enable jQuery Manager to work with the date formatter (Unix time to yyyymmdd format) the field goes non selectable.

I have tried multiple combinations of themes loading BS4 not loading, using toolset to load and the single point of failure seems to be views 3.10 onwards

I set up two test environments with the same credentials - see below... there is only space for one but both are the same except for the url which references the views version - otherwise they are identical hidden link and hidden link

So there are a few questions here...

1. there appears to be something broken in Views 3.10, 3.11 and 3.12 which prevents the use of the datepicker to generate a URL parm; this occurs without either jQuery Manager or indeed any JS at all in the View.

2. do you think https://wordpress.org/plugins/jquery-manager/ is compatible with toolset ?

3. Perhaps there is a a better way to pass a selected date from one view to the next. I need two views (one to select and one to display) as on the real site we have a lot of data and wish to reduce the query overhead.

[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-controls]

<div class="row">
	<div class="col-sm"><label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Tour Date:[/wpml-string]<br> [wpv-control-postmeta type="date"  url_param="tbk_date"]</label></div>
	<div class="col-sm" id="select-both" align="left"><label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Please Select BOTH Tour Date and Tour[/wpml-string]</label></div>
</div>
   <div class="form-group">
   <label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Area[/wpml-string]</label>
  [wpv-control-post-relationship ancestors="tbk_service@area-tour-guide.parent" url_param="wpv-relationship-filter"]
<div class="form-group">
	[wpv-control-post-ancestor type="select" ancestor_type="tbk_service@area-tour-guide.parent"]
    </div>
  </div>
[/wpv-control-post-relationship]

<div class="row">
   <div class="col-sm">
      <div class="text-left">
[wpv-filter-submit output="bootstrap" name="Submit Button -- no jQuery"]
    </div>
  </div>
</div>
  [/wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-end]

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I checked the video you shared and it seems you need to change your custom search view settings.

Can you please check now: hidden link

I've set your view's "Custom Search Settings" to:
=> Let me choose individual settings manually => Always show all values for inputs

Please check the following screenshot: hidden link

This works with views 3.12... thank you. I preferred the previous behaviour which allowed me to use the datepicker for no other reason than to generate a URL parameter -- with no filtering.

So either I am just doing it all wrong or a limitation got introduced at 3.10; either way this works for me so I am closing the ticket.

thanks again for great support.

cheers

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.