Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views field "Field relationship" in query filters doesn't show up

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by claas-hendrikS 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Image 2.png
Image 1.png

In "Views" the Field "Field relationship: Relationship to use when querying multiple fields (AND/OR)" in query filters doesn't show up! (see Image 1.png)

I expect it as if Image 2.png showed up.

Hi, we just received another report of this issue and we have escalated it to our 2nd tier support team for investigation. It seems that the field was broken in a recent version of Views and Blocks:
https://toolset.com/errata/and-always-used-with-multiple-views-query-filters-even-if-or-is-specified/

It seems that a custom code workaround is required here using our PHP filters. I have asked for clarification about whether this was removed by design or by mistake, or just as a stopgap until the known issue is resolved. I'll let you know what I find out from my 2nd tier support team.

Okay I got some feedback on this issue, and it turns out several bug fixes related to custom search Views are tentatively scheduled for the next round of plugin updates in Views/Blocks. This issue is one we hope to see included in that upcoming development cycle. Until that time a custom code solution is required to use "OR" when combining multiple custom search field filters.
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-filters/#wpv_filter_query

Did you need assistance setting up such a custom workaround, or were you just reporting the missing option?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.