Skip Navigation

[Closed] Views Comparison Display In Chrome, IE and Safari Losing Data

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

My last thread got resolved may have clicked on the wrong option but the issue is not resolved. Here is the summary:

Hopefully the last issue with this site. I have a comparative search working well on the site.

This then goes from the comparative search to a display selection page. Works fine.

hidden link

You will need credentials to see this one which I will provide when requested.

In Firefox when I return back to the search results page all the checkboxes are still remembered and all works ok.

In all other browsers it forgets what is set in the checkboxes and essentially resets the page.

-------------------------------------

Could you point out where I can see the problem:
In all other browsers it forgets what is set in the checkboxes and essentially resets the page

I tested the problem URL you mentioned above in my Chrome browser, but can not see the check boxes field, see screenshot 101.JPG

And I tested the parameters in the filter form, seems it works fine, could you describe detail steps to duplicate the problem? thanks

-------------------------------------

Yes I wrote some jquery to update the Chrome and Safari dropdowns on return using back button this calls it from the url as the information is based there. The two main ones which I can not get any kind of localstorage function working or call from cache despite having the cache information set on the view are the two slider fields.

This does not matter whether or not I use slider or conventional text fields in this area, they just drop the information. The only item which is cached is the min amount, based on the way the types and views work, it does not cache the max or parse it to the url, at all. So upon return there is nothing to use in localstorage or in the url for these fields.

The way the firefox cache works makes this all fine, but as safari and Chrome call a refresh on either new tab, back etc it clears this from memory, so essentially the criteria should be appended to the url so it can be utilised in other parts of the system, or it just clears itself down.

-----------------------------------------

Are we talking about this problem:
1) choose some options in the two slider filter "price-slider-filter" and "afstand-slider-filter"
2) click one of the search result,
3) click the link "Back to results"?
4) the values of two slider "price-slider-filter" and "afstand-slider-filter" are lost.

I can see the problem in my Chrome browser, but the problem filter is setup by your custom JS codes, it its out the range of Toolset, you can check out our certified partners for it:
https://toolset.com/consultant/
Does this problem happens on checkboxes field?

-------------------------------------------

Yes as explained above does exactly the same on the standard between filters which are part of the core types system this is nothing to do with the jquery sliders. This is to do with not cacheing the max on the between filters.

Yes and just tested exactly the same on checkboxes as well

This has not been resolved still need assistance. As the behaviour is exactly the same on core types fields. Text between and checkbox dropped.

You can see the checkbox being dropped on the demo property system, comparing properties or products in the shop.

It would be good that you first update your Toolset to it's latest version. Can you do this please?

Please could you also try to update this additional Software?:
- WordPress

❌ Be sure to backup your database first before you proceed! ❌
⌥ You can use a plugin for this if you like.
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I see the behavior.

While the Search parameters are kept (The URL search parameters) the Select DropDowns as example are reset, if NOT on FF Browser.

I ask this, because I can not reproduce this on a local install on any browser.

All Browsers show me the correct URL AND the parametric Search settings once I navigate back.

I can though see the issue on your end, but I suspect that's either the outdated system or a compatibility issue or a issue with Custom code.

Can you ensure it's none of these cases?

Thank you

Have updated everything and when I install a base standard demo from toolset I have the exact same issue. It clears all searching and all checkboxes on returning back.

I have this page setup here which only has the textboxes on them for between on price

hidden link

No additional scripts running here.

And you will see the browsers drop max price on returning and drop the taxonomy from the select dropdown

Nothing showing in console as an error

The url is showing correctly but nothing retained. Or sometimes price min retained.

Plugins running not usually problem ones. Wordfence, All import, Backup guard, Analytics, language

This view is search test so added to the page standard no addititional parameters

happy for you to login and take a look at the views etc

I apologize to must inform you, I can not reproduce this issue on my end, but I can see it on yours.

To be specific, it's wicked.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it drops.

This must be a cache issue. I hope you do not have any Server Side Cache mechanisms active, or Plugins doing that?

I can login to see if we can do something, but to request the DEV to fix something I must first know what's broken, and since I can't reproduce it locally, that's tricky.

I will enable the private form. Please elaborate where I find the replaced Views and allow me to make major changes to the settings and Views.

I will also switch theme and disable all plugins but Toolset

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Views Comparison Display In Chrome, IE and Safari Losing Data’ is closed to new replies.