Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views breaks homepage

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that after the user activated views, their homepage page shows up blank
Solution:

The issue here is that the page was assigned to an empty content template.

What I did was to add the [wpv-post-body] shortcode to the content template so it displays the information.

For more information on content templates you can take a look here.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/editing-view-templates/setting-view-templates-for-single-pages/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
plaza_homepage_2.png
plaza_homepage.png

I am trying to: View my client's homepage

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the homepage render normally, the way it has until a recent apparent conflict with Views

Instead, I got: a blank page, with no data rendered

Essentially, at some point a recent update appears to have introduced a conflict on the site between Views and Visual Composer I think. When I disable views, the homepage comes back, but all of our searches etc stop working.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi George,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

The issue here is that the page was assigned to an empty content template.

What I did was to add the [wpv-post-body] shortcode to the content template so it displays the information.
hidden link

Also for this page hidden link you can edit it and set the content template to none.

For more information on content templates you can take a look here.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/editing-view-templates/setting-view-templates-for-single-pages/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.