Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Views and Beaver Builder Conflicting

This support ticket is created 6 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am running Beaver Builder and WP-Views. We recently moved our site to versioning to update. After updating the plugins in our staging environment, the website was partially loading.

I disabled all the plugins but BeaverBuilder, Types & Views,

When I disable the views plugin folder, the site loads fine, minus the views content.

If you PM this thread, I will send you links to the live and staging areas.

Thanks,

Ken

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ken

Can I get some more details from you.

You have a working production server running older plugin versions: which versions?

You have a staging server where you have updated the plugins to current versions which is not working correctly. Can you describe what you mean by partially loading, can you give examples of what is not loading?

Are there any JS errors visible in the browser console? Are there any PHP errors reported in the WordPress debug logs?

Based on what you tell me I may be able to reproduce the problem myself.

I'll mark your next reply as private in case I cannot and I need login credentials from you. Please be sure to have current backups on both servers before proceeding, thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ken

The JavaScript error is not helpful inasmuch as it is present both on the live (working) site and the staging (not working) site.

You have added the following custom code to your site which is being printed directly to the HTML source and is trying to use jQuery with the $ shortcut when it is not yet available, which you can resolve by replacing $ with "jQuery":

<script id="fl-theme-custom-js">$(document).ready(function()
{
    $("#ms_num").attr('maxlength','6');
});</script>

I'm not able to do much more as the user you created for me has no admin rights, I can't see how you have set this up, what plugins you are using etc.

At a minimum I would need admin rights to check your settings, and if I need to make changes I may need a duplicate of your site to install locally, or, super admin rights to be able to install a plugin to be able to attempt to take a site duplicate myself.

I'll set your next reply as private again.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ken

I'm still struggling here.

I can log into hidden link but that doesn't appear to be the same site as your staging site at hidden link, and when I log in I only see a single site (even though this is a multisite install).

If I try to log in at hidden link I get a permission denied error.

Okay, I checked the superadmin box. You now have access to the network. Here is what I have done.

It turns out that all Beaver Builder is not playing nice on any site when WP-Views is installed.
From FTP, I disabled WP-Views and the preview is working fine.

You can see it's network wide because when I go to maxwebgear.com or mwgbuild.com, the BB plugin isn't working there as well.

I also tried all the different options in Toolset such as disabling, enabling bootstrap, etc.

NOTE: when I try to use the GUI editor with Beaver Builder, it acts like it is locked.

I had to password protect the main directory. There was several users created that were deleted from the staging environment.

We will try some troubleshooting and reply to this ticket when we know more. But we can see that Views and BB Plugin isn't playing well together.

Thanks,

Ken

Nigel
Supporter

OK, well as I am currently locked out there is not much I can do.

I'll set the status here as requiring a reply from you so that will keep the ticket open for a couple of weeks. If and when I can get access let me know.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.